IFM Conference 2017: Technology and Progression in IFM
Join us for a one-day conference exploring the role of technology in developing the current and future potential of Integrated Farm Management
When: 9.30am to 4.30pm, Thursday 25th May 2017
Where: Fera Science Ltd (Fera), National Agri-Food Innovation Campus, Sand Hutton,
York, YO41 1LZ
Cost: The conference is free of charge
This year’s IFM conference will draw on the research and demonstration activities of the LEAF Network to assess the current role technology plays in Integrated Farm Management, and look ahead to what new technology will offer IFM in the future. The precision, accuracy and marginal gains offered by many new techniques and promised by upcoming research, will be critical when continually evaluating and improving IFM as a whole farm level approach. Researchers from our Innovation Centers will highlight some of the latest advances in technology and LEAF Demonstration Farmers will set out how this technology translates at a practical farming level.
Attendees can expect to learn more about current priorities and developing trends around IFM research and gain a better understanding of how this is shaping the future potential of IFM to address current sustainability challenges.
Speakers include the following from LEAF Demonstration Farms and LEAF Innovation Centres.
- Andrew Francis, Senior Farms Manager, Elveden Estate,
- Dr Alastair Leake, Head of Project, The Allerton Project
- Prof. Mark Rutter, Professor of Applied Animal Behaviour, Harper Adams University
- Paul Hayward, Cold Harbour Farm
- Euan Caldwell, Head of Farms, James Hutton Institute
- Dr Prysor Williams, Senior Lecturer in Environmental Management, Bangor University
- Alice Johnston, Applications and Stewardship Coordinator, Bayer CropScience UK
For more details and to register to attend please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Once registered, using your name as a reference, please pay by BACs to:
Account Name: LEAF (Linking Environment And Farming)
Sort Code: 60-12-35
The conference also qualifies for BASIS points. We look forward to seeing you for what promises to be a thought provoking and inspiring day.