Know your Soils #6: Soil Health Reading List
The best books for learning about soil health
View the website
This is the sixth installment of a twelve part 'Know your soils' series from the Soilmentor team. The series shares practical advice for monitoring and building soil health yourself. This particular resource is a list of key books to read if you want to get up to speed on how to build your soil, ensure it is healthy and make it integral to your farm management system. Recommendations come from soil health experts and farmers alike (including soil scientist and 'worm lady' Jackie Stroud and soil expert soil health expert and professor of soil biogeochemistry Jenni Dungait), all focussed on the goal of improving soil in a variety of different farming systems.
- Learn about what soil health is and how to build it.
- Find out the latest soil and water research.
- Understand soil microbes and the role they play.
- Get an overview of soil ecology and working with nature.
- Find out how soil fits into a sustainable farm management system.